Universal Online Radio

Sunday 16 September 2012

My Story Part 3 - 2nd Death



My Story - Part 3




Then my grandmother come and stopped him and saved my mother’s life.  But the problems did not stop there, on another occasion my father took the hot iron and burned my mother in front of us.

I grew up witnessing fights and violence inside my house ,  I had this strong desire to run away from home, I would plan together with my younger brother what we would do and where we would live, if we were to escaped but I never had the courage to do it.

One day my Father took me and my brother to a party and as we were playing around, my brother and my cousin saw him with another woman.

I was not aware of anything but he took us to the toilet and punched us several times, I remember that he punched me very hard in the face, I did not even know, why I was being beaten, only later I found out from my brother, that he had seen him with another woman and my father did not want us to say anything to my mother.

My father borrowed a motorbike from a friend and as he was riding around town he suffered an accident where he hit two people who were on the pavement and they died, my father was in intensive care between life and death due to a brain haemorrhage he suffered. He managed to survive but he did not remember many things and had to be taking strong medication and could not drink any alcohol.

He would insist so much and threaten to beat us up if we would not buy him cigarettes and alcohol, my grandmother was the only one who could stop him from going out.

Strangely after the charges against him were dropped he regained his conscience.
  
One day my mother had enough and decided to leave him, she was no longer afraid of what he would do, as before he would threaten her saying if she left him he would kill her.

My Father then called us aside and said “I know I have done terrible things but Dad loves you and I am asking you to stay here and not go with your mom.”. As my mother could not take care of us because she did not even know where she would go to herself. 

We stayed behind with my grandmother whom I had grown up with. The house was divided into four different parts, I lived in the main house with my grandmother and my brother in the backyard second house with my mother and dad.

When my mother moved, my brothers came to the main house as well.

My father then found another women and she would from time to time sleep in the house at the backyard where my mother used to live. A total of 4 women whom he was committed to, apart from the ones we did not know.

This last woman become pregnant as well.

I remember my dad called us aside again to say “how he did things he was not proud of and we should always do as he tells us and not as he did”.

That day I vowed not to be like my dad, to be a different person maybe like my uncle who had finished his study and was successful, had a good job and was dating one lady faithfully.

As my father left the house and went to do a show with his band in the place where my school was, as the show as going on, a fight broke out and a neighbour who was known for causing trouble was involved, so my father went there to talk to him, he was trying to fight with a women and he took away his gun until he calms down.

When the guy calmed down my father gave back his gun and he turned it on my dad and shot him many times until he died there in a pool of blood.

To be continued…
Share with others...

1 comment:

Sibon Phiri said...

I have been reading about your background and I must say reading it is like reading a book or watching a drama! I cannot believe all this happend at such a young age! I am interested to know more so I will keep tuned!